Friday, May 13, 2011

Revalation! (Important news about the blog!)

   So, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do in life as most people do. At the age of 21 though, a lot of times I feel like that should be figured out by now. And I think I finally have.

As you know, I'm moving soon and with the move comes new opportunities...new places and new people. I've always wanted to do photography ever since I can remember. There are about 3 different moments that I can remember when I was younger when I felt like I knew.

The first time was not really a moment, but just an overall memory of me adoring my grandfather's Canon AE-1 (that he recently gave to me). He would always carry it around with his big brown leather camera bag and I would want to open the bag and dig through it every time, but of course I couldn't touch it, because I would probably break it.

The second time was when I was in middle school and I had this teacher who did some wild life photography, mostly birds. He used a telephoto lens and his photos were SO amazing! I basically drooled over how perfect they were. And at that moment, I wished that I could take photos like that one day. It all seemed so rewarding.

The last time that I can remember was in high school. I must've been a freshman and had to take an elective. I can't remember the other choices I had, but one was basic photography. I didn't know what we would be doing in there. I figured we would just be taking digital photos or something (ahh the age of technology). BUT we got analog cameras, mine was a Pentax K1000 and learned how to shoot, develop, and print our own film. I was in heaven. I absolutely love darkrooms. Its very peaceful. Everyone is always so quiet, because they are focusing on getting the perfect photo and sometimes there's music. You get lost in the process and ahhh I could fall asleep right now by how dreamy it sounds. I also took another basic photography class my first year of college and really loved that too. How I wish I had my own darkroom.

Anyways, my point is...I love photography. I'm not sure I'm much of a blogger when it comes down to it. Not that I want to BE a blogger, haha how silly. But it does take some time to post things. Time away from life and I'm not sure if I like that idea. Some of you pull it off so effortlessly while still living a full and happy life, but I don't know if I can. Besides, I'm not much of a writer. I thought I was in high school, but didn't every somewhat book nerd think that about themselves back then?

Because of this little revelation, I've decided to start a new blog just for photography. That way I can be motivated to just shoot and create my portfolio finally! I've been putting photography off for a long time. I've doubted myself and there were times when I couldn't find the time to do it, but I'm going to try harder now that I've realized that this is what I want to pursue. I'm not sure if I'll delete this blog. Probably some other time, most likely not for a month or so.

So now you can find me over at Lauren Lacey Photography! I'll be posting all of my shoots and I'll probably still be posting about my day too, just in a bit of a different fashion :) Thanks for sticking around in my little corner of the blogosphere. I hope you all go and follow my new little piece of it.

Description of Photo

xoxo,

Lauren Lacey

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo! and yay, i cannot wait to see your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Such a treasure trove of cute pictures.
    Would you like to follow eachother?
    xoxo
    Maria
    www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete